Canadian of the Month: Robbie Amell

ANDPOP is celebrating Canadian talent. Each month we’ll introduce you to an up-and-coming Canadian who’s making waves in the industry. Kicking things off is Robbie Amell.
A true Canadian, Robbie Amell is a self-diagnosed hockey fanatic. Believe it or not, his experience on the ice has actually come in handy as an actor.
“I grew up playing a pretty high competitive level of hockey,” he reveals. “It gets intense and you get angry, and you pour a lot of emotion into what you’re doing on the ice. I feel like I can pull from that in the action scenes, in the fight scenes and pretty much anything where the adrenaline gets going.”
The action scenes he’s referring to are for The Tomorrow People, the CW series he stars in. Amell plays Stephen Jameson, a regular teen who discovers he’s not so average after all. Like his character, the 25-year-old isn’t so ordinary either; he’s one of the few actors who can claim they booked their very first audition.
In his debut role, he played Eugene Levy’s son in Cheaper By The Dozen 2. “Until I booked that movie I never remotely considered acting as a career,” he admits. “And then a month into shooting the movie I told my hockey coach I wasn’t gonna be coming back.”
Amell says watching comedy greats such as Levy, Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt do their thing inspired him to ditch the puck and pursue acting. “It changed my life,” he says of his on-set experience. “I just watched and absorbed as much information as I could and I said I gotta give this a try.” See more
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment