'The Vampire Diaries': Paul Wesley discusses directing, Stefan's new doppelganger, romance for 'Steroline' and more

"The Vampire Diaries" star Paul Wesley decided to step out from in front of the camera for the first time to take over directing duties. His episode (Season 5, episode 18, "Resident Evil") airs Thursday, April 17, and he couldn't be more excited for fans to see all his hard work pay off.

Zap2it caught up with Wesley before he took to the stage for "The Vampire Diaries" PaleyFest panel on Saturday (March 22), and he smiled as he reflected on his first day at the helm of the show. "It was really oddly-natural for me," Wesley tells Zap2it. "It didn't feel all that scary or anything. Like, I was nervous for the first hour but then I just got right in the zone. I'll be honest, it was probably more comfortable to do that than be in front of the camera, for me."

In fact, Wesley enjoyed directing so much that he's already counting down the days until he can do it again. "Oh yeah, I am definitely going to do it again," Wesley says. "Not just on 'Vampire Diaries,' either. I'd love to direct other things, too."

Wesley is grateful for all the people who helped him with his directorial debut, making sure to note that he couldn't have done it alone. "Lots of people gave me some great advice before I did it," Wesley says. "I was also shadowing people, and I was asking a lot of questions. It was a whole process. It was great. I learned a lot and I had a great time doing it."

And like Wesley's off-screen life, he's also taking on more responsibility on-screen, as we're about to meet another Stefan doppelgänger. What we know about Stefan 2.0: He's an EMT. He's living in Atlanta. And Caroline and Enzo are on their way to kill him. Yikes! See more
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment